Worthington Education Association (WEA) Scholarship.
Thanks for your interest in the Worthington Educational Association (WEA) Scholarship. The Worthington Education Association is proud to sponsor two $1500.00 scholarships. Any high school senior who is a dependent of a current WEA member is eligible to apply.
The application deadline for the 2023 Scholarship was Monday, April 10, 2023, @ 9:00 pm.
Scholarship checks will be made out to the university or college in the student's name.
Here's what you'll need to complete the online application:
- Student and Parent contact and employment information.
- Post-high school plans (college you will attend, estimated costs, parent/student contributions, financial aid awards).
- A description of the school, athletic, and community activities with years of participation and contact references.
- Leadership positions with years of participation.
- A list of hours/honors/special recognition with years achieved.
- A description of work-related experience and your future goals.
- A description of any extenuating circumstances that you would like the committee to consider when reviewing your application.
- A response to the following prompt (there is no length requirement): "Explain how the Worthington Education Association has impacted your education."
- PDFs of your most recent transcript and 2 letters of recommendation (emailed.. see below).
HOW TO APPLY:
The online application deadline for the 2024 Scholarship will open in February 2024.
NOTE: DO NOT FAX OR MAIL MATERIALS to the WEA, Kilbourne, or Thomas offices. Applications (PDFs) must be received BY the deadline. No late applications will be accepted.
- For questions or additional information about this scholarship, contact:
- If you have questions/problems completing the online application form or sending your transcript and/or letters of rec, contact: