Worthington Education Association (WEA) Scholarship.
Thanks for your interest in the Worthington Educational Association (WEA) Scholarship. The Worthington Education Association is proud once again to sponsor two $1000.00 scholarships. Any high school senior who is a dependent of a current WEA member is eligible to apply.
The application deadline is Friday, April 13, 2020. The WEA awards committee will inform applicants sometime after Monday, April 20, 2020. Scholarship checks will be made out to the university or college in the student's name.
Here's what you'll need to complete the online application:
- Student and Parent contact and employment information.
- Post high school plans (college you will attend, estimated costs, parent/student contributions, financial aid awards).
- A description of school, athletic, and community activities with years of participation and contact references.
- Leadership positions with years of participation.
- A list of hours/honors/special recognition with years achieved.
- A description of work-related experience and your future goals.
- A description of any extenuating circumstances that you would like the committee to consider when reviewing your application.
- A response to the following prompt (there is no length requirement): "Explain how the Worthington Education Association has impacted your education."
- Hard Copies of your most recent transcript and 2 letters of recommendation.
Hard Copies of transcript and 2 letters of recommendation should be placed in an envelope and sent to:
Worthington Education Association Scholarship | Room 322 200 E. Wilson Bridge Road | Worthington, OH
The envelope should also include: Your Name and email, Your Parents Name and email (WEA member),